Phobia sufferers...have you had any successful treatment to over come your fear?

Like so many people I am terrified of spiders and insects, my hubby caught a daddy-long-legs last night and brought it near me to put out the window and I felt like I could not breath and my heart was racing so hard it was painful, it's totally irrational I know! If anyone has had any treatments that have helped them get over their fear I'd like to hear about it please!

Spiders, snakes, etc. The only affective treatment is to try and cope with the fear. Try analyzing when this fear started and then try to overcome this fear by exposure.

If you are near a Zoo you might try a gradual approach to seeing them at a safe distance till you can adjust. It takes time and patients, but to continue with the fear can make it harder on yourself over the long run. If you can a professional can also do basically the same thing, but you need to cope with not ignore it.

I had a colleague who was cured - yes, definitely cured - by a Practitioner in NLP (neuro linguistic programming). He suffered so badly from a fear of heights that bedroom windows were always close-curtained

I was in the room with him and the NLP guy talked with my colleague for about 15-20 minutes then sent him to lean out of a window which was 3 floors up. He did this and seemed to be OK, but the amazing thing was that I saw him a week later and he said "Guess what I did this weekend? I got out a ladder and cleared the house gutters"!!

If either a snake, frog, or a worm got on me you should just go ahead and call for the coroner. Because I would already be dead. I can not even look at a book if I know that there is a picture of either of them in it. Will not watch a show with them in it. I cant even pick up a fake one like a stuffed animal type.

There are multiple kinds of disorders that deal with anxiety. Although most can manifest in similar ways, these disorders generally occur due to different events in your life. Natural home remedies for anxiety https://tr.im/10GG5

Generalized anxiety disorder includes persistent and unnecessary worries about everyday, common events or activities, which can disrupt concentration and lead to other issues, such as depression.

I just avoid my phobia...spiders.

As long as they leave me alone and don't invade my living space, I'll leave them alone. The second they decide to make themselves a part of my life, they become spider pancake.

Yuck.

EMT

Try the desensitization technique... its like slowly, you're being exposed to those things you fear the most, but not for a very long time... You have to keep doing it until you get used to it...

as much as I have tried to expose myself to my phobia I cant get rid of them. :o( Ill trade you phobias if you dont mine. I dont mind spiders or snakes, or even heights.

I am extremely scared of clowns. Just the thought freaks me out.

I got bullied by a girl in high-school, now I have dreams of women who murder me at night because I don't show interest in them, interest as in dating, how terrifying is that?