Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how to lose 1 and a half stones or 2 stones in 2/3 months?

how do I lose 1 and a half stones or 2 stones in 2/3 months?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

***there is no healthy way - a healthy weight loss is 2lb per week***

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is only just possible but you will seriously damage your health/body in the process if you do manage it.

I would like to say as well try not to worry too much about actual 'weight'. It is body fat that is important, as muscle and body shape can determine extra or less weight. That is why the BMI is completely inacurate.

But if you want to go with this weight method, then 3 months is a good time frame to work to, but I would aim to lose about a stone in that time.

There is only one way to do this healthily though, eat the right diet and excercise. It's actually quite simple.

The current reccomended healthy eating plan is four or five small to medium meals a day, each one (apart from breakfast) should contain some carbohydrates (rice/pasta/potatoes etc) some protien (chicken, fish, etc) and lots of vitamins minerals and antioxidants (fresh fruit and veg). You can pile your plate high with as much veg and snack on as much fruit/fruit juice as you like. Just keep one day a week as your 'treat day' where you get a takeaway/pizza/whatever.

Also excercise is essential. Cardio excercise will not only keep you healthy, increase your lung function and decrease your resting heart rate, it will also burn off a lot of calories, keeping you slim.

Weight training is also important, use light weights with lots of reps and you will tone and define your muscles without 'bulking up', which will keep your body strong and supple, but also increase your metabolism so you burn off even more calories even when you are resting!

• 1 decade ago

Losing weight at that rate is not a good idea, you should aim to lose 2lbs a week in order to maintain the loss. Otherwise you'll lose 28lb in 60 days, go staright back to eating as you are now and put on more than you lost in the first place.

Exercise and sensible eating are the only good ways to achieve healthy weightloss.

Source(s): Wife. Fitness instructor and dietician.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It may be possible by just cutting out any rubbish in your diet, bread, sugar,etc. Up your excercise routine then wait and see, would it be a disaster if you didn`t lose all the weight you wanted to, losing weight too fast means you are more likely to put it on again, Good Luck

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

1 to 4 pounds

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I lost three and a half stone with weightwatchers, plus loads of swimming

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is possible but it will take a lot of hard work and dedication on your part. Basically you need to limit your calorie intake to around 1200 per day and try to burn around 4000 per day.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

errr... Do some exercise? Guaranteed to lose weight. Everyone wants to have a good body but no one wants to get down to the crunch. Your results will be proportional to your effort

• 1 decade ago

get up early in the morning and start jogging about 5 miles a day and just eat healthy food and drink water

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would recommend weight watchers as you haven't much to loose, following their plans will help the weight come off.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.