Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Does anyone realize just how much influence George Soros has in this country?

What he represents and who he is? I’m reading an editorial about him and am astounded with this person. After reading this, and yes, I realize this is opinion, I would seriously have a problem supporting anything that this person pushes for… That is, if this cannot be denied as the truth. Here is one exerpt and there is more, of course. For those not familiar with him, I encourage you to read the entire editorial and then do some research on your own.

One World Government

Soros additionally finances groups supporting the interests of one-world government. While he has criticized the United Nations occasionally, he favors U.N. dominance in world affairs, sees the European Union as a model for "open society" and has called for a global central bank.

Anyone who doesn't agree with this vision, or who doesn't fit cozily into his multilateral model, gets a visit from Soros-backed groups.

MoveOn.org, for example, led the charge to keep John Bolton out of a permanent seat in the U.N., and Bankwatch piled on to topple Paul Wolfowitz at the World Bank.

In fact, pick any cause that seeks to weaken the U.S. and it's hard not to find Soros' name on its list of financial backers. Most of these causes are financed by relatively small amounts, but that's all that's needed to make trouble.

And without the cash, countless bad ideas would have no presence in American political debate at all.

What keeps these groups on cue, and Democrats in line, is the prospect that any funding from Soros can be stepped up to massive levels. It's probably no coincidence that Soros was a big backer of campaign finance reforms that have allowed nominally nonpartisan groups like MoveOn.org to strike with the kinds of tactics they are using.

Soros usually doesn't offer up or endorse specific candidates for office. His chief aim seems to be tearing down Bush, driving the Democrats to the far left and enforcing party discipline through fear. In fact, he seems to like keeping Democrats guessing whether or not he's offended.

The strategy seems to be working. No Democrat had the courage to cross MoveOn.org after its libelous Petraeus ad. On Thursday, a symbolic vote in Congress censuring MoveOn.org for the Petraeus ad passed, but with the notable absence of both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Election looming, neither wants to cross Soros' MoveOn.org.

Soros himself does not believe in victory in Iraq and wants to keep America from achieving it.

"The war on terror cannot be won," he has said.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialconten...

If you’ve taken the time to read this link and what it ways (of course it’s biased), wouldn’t you want to know more? This man appears to be capable of running our country from behind the scenes because of his wealth. That’s scary, is it not?

Your opinions, as always, are welcomed.

The funny thing about George Soros is that the guy isn't even American. Also, I learned that he will turn his back on you and cut your funding if you don't stand behind him. Despite this, money talks. The guy is a billionaire. Along with the other Democrats, he hates Bush. So the Democrats and Soros get along quite nicely.

I am glad to see some people are looking into moveon.org and what is behind the curtains. I look forward to more direct efforts to expose those whos actions bring instability and insecurity to our Nation and the World.

For me the slander of Petraeus in the NY Times is clearly political monuvering by the Democrates and thier backers. I looked into some of the BS saying Patraeus is some lacky of Bush. The Senate voted 81-0 for Petareus in Iraq. The reason they all wanted him is he is simply the best General at understanding and implimenty counterinsurgency. He understands the enemies on the groud and is changing the way we wage war. Also Crocker has awesome experience in politics, and middle east politics. As a team they are they will be noted in history for their amazing work that makes me proud to be American.

It is sad that our nation makes this stuff (the report to congress) world news. The report on Iraq should have been closed door and secret. We are at war aren't we?? The Dems are using this as another tool to win seats and defeat Bush and Repubs.

Because of the public display the one Shiek that was key to starting the change in Anbar Province was killed after the mainstream public became aware of his contributions. We need to protect the people who bring positive change from our General to trooper to Iraqi. We can do everything correct on the ground, but without the propaganda / public view portion of counterinsurgency addressed, we will continue to fight a hard uphill battle. If people want to bring a stable Iraq into being we need to bring hollywood and press onbourd and recruit them via gov grants, loans and $ to create the changes neccessary and regain the publics view of thier very own Nation. It is sad how many people do not respect the Nation that has given them the freedoms they so enjoy and take advantage of, and even abuse.

Currently public view and knowledge is manipulated by those who wish to see us fail. Propaganda, anti war, or anti Bush agendas will only make our job harder and future less certain.

Source(s): I have a link for a Petraues Interview where he isnt constantly interupted. This is the best interview I saw around time of Report to congress. There is also links to other and previous interviews. http://blog.360.yahoo.com/ianbach?tag=petraeus http://blog.360.yahoo.com/ianbach

This guy funds moveon.org and the dailykooks, both of which have every single Dem today in their hip pockets. Soros is so ANTI-AMERICAN it isn't funny. And Libs wonder why after they cite something from moveon they get called a moon bat, socialist commie? If one Dem speaks out against any of their beliefs they are completely shunned. Joe Lieberman comes to mind. Thank God he had the gonads to go Independent because he recognized what it was all about. We all saw what happened there. Even with all his money, Soros couldn't defeat Lieberman.

They are called Secular Progressives and if you really want to read about many truths exposing them, the book "Culture Warrior" is excellent.

Libs hate O'Reilly because he exposes them. Not because he lies.

You will be surprised at who else is in line with this guy.

Ever hear of Progressive Insurance? I know it sounds weird, but the name does speak for the CEO's beliefs. His name is Peter Lewis, and surprise! Lewis also helps fund the ACLU.

The list goes on and on. It isn't just Soros alone. There are many names with big money walking lock step with this guy.

This guy is very dangerous. His goal is to topple any government that doesn't hold his beliefs. Not just the U.S. He has also made attempts at the UK, Russia and France to name a few.

We're gonna have to continue to expose Moveon . Some of Soros' stuff barely walks the line between legal donations and aiding and abetting the enemy .

Not only is his anti-American support dangerous , his misinformation attacks on Israel are infecting the minds of our youth . No wonder it seems these young people hate Israel .

I cannot wait for the earth-shaking moment when we hit Iran and Syria . I have a feeling it'll take the wind out of the sails of many of the terrorists across the world , but also subversives like him . This opinion of mine may be hard to see , but just wait , the world will be a definitively different place after the Syria / Iran attack .

I have been following Soros and the Shadow Party, which clinton is a big player in, since 2002. From every source I can find, Soros was shunned about this time, by the big political players in the world. His reaction to this was to purchase the Democratic Party, with the intent of taking the WH in 2004, that attempt failed miserably, but he is once again pouring hundreds of millions of dollars, all hidden, into MoveOn as his attack machine, and into clintons campaign.

Soros intent is clear, he is going to have a one world government, with puppets in place doing his bidding.

Americans, you had better wake up, this is communism, with Soros as the head of the party, and he will be telling you how to live your lives.

"A nation can survive its fools, but it cannot survive treason from within" - Cicero 42 B.C.

• ?

Oh, c'mon now, Suthrn! Soros is an American - IBD says so in the editorial - and he's done some amazing things with the financial markets that, I'm quite certain, have *personally* benefitted many of the very people reading your question and answering right here. His purposes and views are very directly influenced by the European experience against Hitler and fascism, and if anyone is in a position to recognize how fascism's oats are sown, it's someone who survived Auschwitz as an adult - especially one who wasn't even German.

But just as important right now is my condemnation of Islama What-the-Fkk's idiotic reply to you. That jackhole doesn't even know up from down never mind left from right. Nor does he have any aesthetic sensibility. He wouldn't know beauty if Helen of Troy came back to life before his very eyes - he'd just yell at her for blocking the TV while he watches cage wresting, and then he'd tell her to go get him a beer, or a six-pack.

The reason we don't know much about George Soros is that he is a Liberal Democrat and our left wing Liberal media in both TV and newspapers and magazines protect him and his identity. Don't try that if you are a Republican. The bias is so bad that I cancelled all magazines and newspapers and don't watch much TV anymore.

• Great .... ! . . . I'm Number #20 -- You Have Some Fans !

.

.

.

Hello........ Southern Lights, .... 09/28/2007

Ya know , you ask the best questions. You do your research,

You give us more than one source, for followup !

You state your opinion and pleasantly ask us for ours !

---

I know Brian is the top responder and Kudos's to him .

But your the most complete. You have consistently provided, Facts and opposing opinion and are a rare breed In today's society.

---

Thank You for providing... Bo_Remmington, American...

Your thoughts, Your pleasures,and mostly of all Your

Dis-pleasures.You truly are a "Great American."

Many can learn from you !

_________________________________________

Please Pay No Attention to " Islam Deland Est "

You Are A Babe ... !.!.!.

And Your Mind Proves It ... !

Source(s): Maybe you should run for office ? (:-) . . This Posting Is Subject .. to RE-Posting .. at any time. and please.....Write me if you can !

I did check into other information and it defitinitely confirms this editorial. This man goes beyond Hitler dangerous!

He must be exposed on every level.

.....And you are a good looking, intelligent woman, anyone who cannot see that is ignorant to the core. Keep up the good posts!

Moody

At least he's 1 person who's openly fighting the zionists-neo-con agenda of the American Enterprise Institute,PNAC and so on! That's why I have some respect for Noam Chomsky,he's been out there trying expose the truth about ZOG for the last 50 years! Being Anti- Zionist does not equal being anti-semite U know! On a positive note,suthernlyts is a really intelligent and very attractive woman.I may not always agree with her politically,but I'd just wish she would be more willing to give me the time of day.