Does anyone realize just how much influence George Soros has in this country?

What he represents and who he is? I’m reading an editorial about him and am astounded with this person. After reading this, and yes, I realize this is opinion, I would seriously have a problem supporting anything that this person pushes for… That is, if this cannot be denied as the truth. Here is one exerpt and... show more What he represents and who he is? I’m reading an editorial about him and am astounded with this person. After reading this, and yes, I realize this is opinion, I would seriously have a problem supporting anything that this person pushes for… That is, if this cannot be denied as the truth. Here is one exerpt and there is more, of course. For those not familiar with him, I encourage you to read the entire editorial and then do some research on your own.

One World Government
Soros additionally finances groups supporting the interests of one-world government. While he has criticized the United Nations occasionally, he favors U.N. dominance in world affairs, sees the European Union as a model for "open society" and has called for a global central bank.
Anyone who doesn't agree with this vision, or who doesn't fit cozily into his multilateral model, gets a visit from Soros-backed groups.
MoveOn.org, for example, led the charge to keep John Bolton out of a permanent seat in the U.N., and Bankwatch piled on to topple Paul Wolfowitz at the World Bank.
In fact, pick any cause that seeks to weaken the U.S. and it's hard not to find Soros' name on its list of financial backers. Most of these causes are financed by relatively small amounts, but that's all that's needed to make trouble.
And without the cash, countless bad ideas would have no presence in American political debate at all.
What keeps these groups on cue, and Democrats in line, is the prospect that any funding from Soros can be stepped up to massive levels. It's probably no coincidence that Soros was a big backer of campaign finance reforms that have allowed nominally nonpartisan groups like MoveOn.org to strike with the kinds of tactics they are using.
Soros usually doesn't offer up or endorse specific candidates for office. His chief aim seems to be tearing down Bush, driving the Democrats to the far left and enforcing party discipline through fear. In fact, he seems to like keeping Democrats guessing whether or not he's offended.
The strategy seems to be working. No Democrat had the courage to cross MoveOn.org after its libelous Petraeus ad. On Thursday, a symbolic vote in Congress censuring MoveOn.org for the Petraeus ad passed, but with the notable absence of both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. Election looming, neither wants to cross Soros' MoveOn.org.
Soros himself does not believe in victory in Iraq and wants to keep America from achieving it.
"The war on terror cannot be won," he has said.

http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid=1501&status=article&id=275181103776079

If you’ve taken the time to read this link and what it ways (of course it’s biased), wouldn’t you want to know more? This man appears to be capable of running our country from behind the scenes because of his wealth. That’s scary, is it not?

Your opinions, as always, are welcomed.