How can we possibly give amnesty to 20 million illegal aliens?

I realize some (not all) of the illegal residents and workers in this nation are just trying to feed themselves and their families. I don't begrudge them this, and I don't deny the work they do is thankless. However, forgiving someone for their trespasses requires them to first admit that they have done... show more I realize some (not all) of the illegal residents and workers in this nation are just trying to feed themselves and their families. I don't begrudge them this, and I don't deny the work they do is thankless.

However, forgiving someone for their trespasses requires them to first admit that they have done wrong. Most of these people break the law and insist that they were not wrong to do it. Then, by demanding entitlements, welfare, and grant money that they aren't entitled to, as lawbreaking aliens, they display arrogance instead of humility. Then they insult the nation by burning our flags, shouting Viva la Raza, and declaring our sovereign state to be part of their territory. This shows hatred, not a desire to assimilate. The refuse to learn the language, which again shows no desire to assimilate. They demand amnesty which they are not entitled to. Then they call us racist oppressors, instead of humbly requesting a legal visa and accepting a fair penalty.
Update: How can you forgive someone who doesn't ask for forgiveness, but demands what is not rightfully theirs, and never admits their crime nor concedes that they were at fault?
Update 2: What? Giving amnesty is the only solution? What about enforcing the laws against employers? What about making sure these people not only get minimum wage (good for them) but pay taxes (good for us)? Why not have the cost of their legal status come as a small percentage of their paycheck to cover their additional... show more What? Giving amnesty is the only solution? What about enforcing the laws against employers? What about making sure these people not only get minimum wage (good for them) but pay taxes (good for us)? Why not have the cost of their legal status come as a small percentage of their paycheck to cover their additional social welfare costs, and also serve as a penalty? You didn't think this through. There are obviously many more solutions to crime than IGNORING it entirely.
Update 3: Zouchiniyaddayadda-

I stole no land from anyone. What are you talking about? I'm part native American.

That is just a knee jerk response. It took zero thought.
Update 4: Alexis, Millicent, Mama, nasty-

All good responses.
Update 5: putnuck, smile, sweetheat, red-

All excellent responses!