How do i act more confident around a race horse???

Hi, in about a week or so i am applying for a job involving racehorses and i'm really wanting to impress. I need tips of how I should act (leading) around a flighty racehorse. like should i stand to the left side like all horses or in front.. should i be tough *no hitting obviously* and if he decides to... show more Hi, in about a week or so i am applying for a job involving racehorses and i'm really wanting to impress.

I need tips of how I should act (leading) around a flighty racehorse.

like should i stand to the left side like all horses or in front..
should i be tough *no hitting obviously* and if he decides to spook or get a bit jumpy should I ignore him and continue walking with a bit of pressure..

please help i need tips.
I need to prove i am capable *which i know i am* and can handle tough horses.

Is it really that hard leading a race horses, i mean just hold onto the lead rope and dont let go..and lead like any other normal horse. I have been horseriding for 3 years so I think I have enough experience to at least lead a jumpy horse.
:/

Thanks.

*also all racehorses are stallions/geldings right** < curious... never heard of a mare lol.
Update: I think i am very confident around horses.
Iike i'm not frightened what-so-ever... its just i'm trying to impress.. so i was wondering if anyone had any tips.. like should i say like 'good boy' etc etc???