To all Non Muslims, would you ever convert to Islam?

Hi I am a Non-Muslim and I have no inclination to ever become a Muslim. I am happy with my religion and I am proud of it.

The reason I am asking you this question is that I just saw a documentary called "Muslim in the family" in which 4 Non Muslims converetd to Islam for various reasons and they all seem to be more religius than many Muslims that I know. I was just wondering if there are any more people like them? What is their motivation of giving up their own heritage? So on and so forth.

So what do you think -

Would you ever consider of becoming a Muslim?

If yes then how far would you go to be known as a Muslim, like would you start wearing traditional Muslim dress, think of emigrating to a Muslim country, give up music etc.?

If no, then why would you not choose to convert to Islam?

Please accept my thanks in advance and I hope I haven't offended any one. I am just trying to look at it from a Non-Muslim's point of view.

Regards.

In truth no, I'm a proud Pagan and would never turn away from my Gods.

Source(s): 20+ years at the altar of the ancient and wise Gods.
  • claire

Never in a millions years would i ever become a muslim. Im not a religious person but if i had to choose one religion to follow this is the one that would be right at the bottom of the list!

Being a muslim is great it makes you into a better person. I know some people who used to do drugs and have promiscuous sex but after converting to islam they have become a much better person.

I have just one request to people dont judge islam by the muslims it has but by the religion it is. The people u see on tv they are just using the name islam to comit crime. If islam was really bad then it wouldn't be the fastest growing religion in the world.

To be fair religion is a complete load of none sense! obviously this is only my opinion but how can so many different groups of people believe different stuff.?? it just simply means that these are stories that weak people choose to believe for some strange reason. so i would not convert to such a high dedicated belief system as i simply don't believe any of it mate! If we never had religion then we would not have alot of killings suicide bombers for instance!

No,I'm a devout Catholic. I think for westerners Islam has the same appeal as any "alternative" religion. It's different and doesn't seem old and familiar and hence ( to some) boring.

If I convert to Islam it will be so that I can go to haj and have an opportunity to put ganges water on the shiv ling which is in the kaaba. LOL

• Give up music!? GIVE UP MUSIC?!

I'd rather die...

I'm sure that they play music, I've had muslim friends who played jazz funk. And I'm sure that Nation Of Islam probably dig some Miles Davis.

Whatever... Rock the Casbah....

No,I would not. I am not interested in learning about a new religion. I have enough of a problem with the one I was raised with. I am not a big fan of any organized religion.

• JoJo

I would never convert to a religion that has a 'god' that tells it's followers to kill all non believers!! There is only one God now and Forever! Praise Jesus.

Religion is the opium of the people.