kafui asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

if menopause is for women, what is for men?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Men do experience a type of menopause. Male menopause involves the hormonal, physiological, and chemical changes that occur in all men generally between the ages of 40 and 55, though it can occur as early as 35 or as late as 65. Symptoms aren't as sudden as when women experience menopause and they are quite varied. If testosterone levels are low, testosterone replacement therapy may relieve symptoms such as decreased libido, depression, and fatigue. However, this type of therapy has potential risks and side effects.. You can read more here

http://www.medicine4men.com/malem.html

http://www.midlife-passages.com/impotence.htm

Source(s): I am a nurse for over 22 years
  • 1 decade ago

The Male Menopause i.e. MIdlife Crisis.

• 1 decade ago

Believe it or not men go through menopause to. It is called a mid life crisis. Mood swings and everything they just don't have ovaries.

• 1 decade ago

Despite the fact that the media, when it has a space to fill, brings up the male menopause, there is no equivalent in men.

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Erectile Disfunction

• Tilly
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Mid life crisis

• 1 decade ago

Mid life crisis

• 1 decade ago

Mid life crisis. The menopause is the woman losing her fertility, blokes can have kids till they die, assuming they can keep it up.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I am a bloke, 56, married for over 35 years, four grown up children. I am going through the andropause. It's easy to research. Nearly all your other responses are crap, do not take them seriously.

• 1 decade ago

Male menopause. Then an affair. :-)

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.