Soft Paws/Claws?

I went to the Soft Paws and Soft Claws websites and I think they came in the same colors, which confused me. I'm also wondering if cats can climb things like trees and scratching posts while wearing them and if anybody's had trouble getting them on their cat and if anybody's had any trouble at all with... show more I went to the Soft Paws and Soft Claws websites and I think they came in the same colors, which confused me. I'm also wondering if cats can climb things like trees and scratching posts while wearing them and if anybody's had trouble getting them on their cat and if anybody's had any trouble at all with them. Serious answers from people that have tried them only, please.
Update: Can cats still jump high onto something slippery without slipping? In other words, do they have good traction?
Update 2: I am not considering getting them yet, but it turns out that the scratches in the armchair end up ripping it, it would be good to know some options, and not for repairing the armchair.
Update 3: Are they put on dew claws?