what's your favorite guitar riff/solo of all time?
mine is the one at the end of boemian rhapsody
- Ian MLv 51 decade agoFavourite answer
Good question!!! There's too many to list, so I'll try to limit it to three of each.
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
AC/DC - Back in Black
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (too iconic not to list)
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (the second solo)
Derek & The Dominoes - Layla (the whole outro solo)
- 4 years ago
Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution Thunderstruck Hell's Bells
- cdrotherhamLv 41 decade ago
For both riff and solo it has to be the 11 min live version of Hear My Train A-Coming recorded by Jimi Hendrix a few weeks before he died and originally released on the Rainbow Bridge album. If you like riffy guitar rock it will strike you with awe, and as a bonus, Mitch Mitchell's drumming tracks the guitar faithfully through the various hot and cool passages.
- MontagLv 51 decade ago
Solo: Either "Stairway To Heaven" (but it's too overrated) by Led Zeppelin or "All Along The Watchtower" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Riff: (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones. It's a simple riff, but it's my favorite.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Bradly SLv 51 decade ago
Stairway To Heaven
Carry On Wayward Son
Sunshine of Your Love
Queen of the Ryche
Wasted Years (Iron Maiden)
Johnny B .Goode
Rock Around The Clock
Wanted: Dead or Alive
- Mike AKA MikeLv 51 decade ago
Riff - The intro to "Honeysuckle Blue" by Drivin' N' Cryin' or the main riff to "Seek and Destroy" by Metallica
Solo - Stevie Ray Vaughn's entire version of "Little Wing"
- 1 decade ago
Hmm... Lets see:
1. Sweet Child of Mine-Guns and Roses
2. Crazy Train-Ozzy Ozbourne
3. Miss Murder-AFI( In the middle of the song when it becomes all slow)
4. Passions Killing Floor& Kiss of Dawn-HIM
5. Beast and the Harlot
- Dokken GirlLv 51 decade ago
316- Eddie Van Halen
- kontrolfreak66Lv 61 decade ago
The one that stands out to me right now is the short solo by Steve Jones (Sex Pistols) on the song "EMI (Unlimited Supply)"
- Cinny [1334♀]Lv 61 decade ago
Probably an obvious choice.
Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses