Capacitor VS. POWER Capacitor?

My alternator die in my car the other day so i got a new one in it and questioned the guy who put it in as to why it would have messed up and he said because of my audio system which is a Memphis Audio Sub in a huge box, a picture of it is here:... show more My alternator die in my car the other day so i got a new one in it and questioned the guy who put it in as to why it would have messed up and he said because of my audio system which is a Memphis Audio Sub in a huge box, a picture of it is here: http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/...
and a Prestige 800 watt amp with a pioneer dehp4600mp for the cd player. so i asked what could help with this problem in the future and he said a Power capacitor and i asked if thats the same thing as a capacitor but he said there 2 totally different things, that ones to help the battery and the others to help the alternator,is this true or does the man even know what he's talkin bout and where ONLINE can i get one if so