Is cheating on a spouse always an absolute "no"?

Religious beliefs aside---I've been married/together with the same person for almost 20 years. I am still young (36) and attractive, and find myself very attracted to someone and almost obsessing. I do not want a "relationship" with this person, other than the friendship we already have. I would... show more Religious beliefs aside---I've been married/together with the same person for almost 20 years. I am still young (36) and attractive, and find myself very attracted to someone and almost obsessing. I do not want a "relationship" with this person, other than the friendship we already have. I would just like to have sex/make-out sessions with him. I have only ever had 2 sexual partners in my whole life. I kind of feel like I missed out on a few things in my younger years, and so want to sow a few wild oats. Obviously, I don't want to hurt my husband, and don't want to completely end that relationship just so I can have-a-go with some other guy. Would appreciate feedback from people who've gone through/are going through similar feelings---not just people who will tell me I'm evil and wrong. Let's just assume that 5000 people already told me that I'm evil and wrong, and that all the religious platitudes (which I don't agree with) have already been flung at me. Other opinions?
36 answers 36