Why are white people always criticized as racists??

I'm white and I live in a very multi-cultural part of Canada. I hear Asian, South East Asian, and Black students defining almost everything by race. They say the worst things you can imagine about other races or cultures including white people and so called "Canadian" culture. I never hear any of my... show more I'm white and I live in a very multi-cultural part of Canada. I hear Asian, South East Asian, and Black students defining almost everything by race. They say the worst things you can imagine about other races or cultures including white people and so called "Canadian" culture. I never hear any of my white friends say anything remotely racist or disrespectful so what gives? If you look around the world the most tolerant and accepting societies anywhere are the ones that historically are pedominantly white. It's easy to say that North American's had the slave trade...but that still goes on in Africa and parts of Asia today...You could say that we've marginalized native people too but that seems at this point more bad policy than racism...My point is there seems to be tremendous racism around today, much of it expressed toward white people and no one names it that??? Do you have to be white to be gulity of racism??
16 answers 16