Why do hockey players hate figure skaters?

i used to play hockey and now i do competitive figure skating. when i tell male hockey players this they love it, they say that thats great bla bla, but when i tell female hockey players they look at me like im the plague. why is it that female hockey players hate figure skaters? when i played hockey i didnt hate... show more i used to play hockey and now i do competitive figure skating. when i tell male hockey players this they love it, they say that thats great bla bla, but when i tell female hockey players they look at me like im the plague. why is it that female hockey players hate figure skaters? when i played hockey i didnt hate figure skaters.
Update: girls have also said things like "oh i could do that with my eyes closed" or "anyone can do that" and when they challenged me to a "ice skating duel" as they called it she broke her leg. ahahaha
Update 2: and dont say that figure skaters are dainty and not tough, cause ice skating takes physical and mental toughness. there is actually a condition that many figure skaters develope becaue they cant mentally commit to what they are doing. you think ok im doing somehting that can kill me. and dont say that we dont work... show more and dont say that figure skaters are dainty and not tough, cause ice skating takes physical and mental toughness. there is actually a condition that many figure skaters develope becaue they cant mentally commit to what they are doing. you think ok im doing somehting that can kill me. and dont say that we dont work hard cause me and my skating club have to get up a 4 in the morning and practice till 7, we only go to school till 12 so that we can train from 12:30 till 5 then we go to the gym from 5-7 and again on the ice from 7-9
Update 3: so your comparing 10 and1/2 hours of practice a day to pie baking and beauty pagents.

and how do you know how good you are untill your judged...and you think that there are no judges in hockey ummm helloo you yourself are judging the players.
Update 4: actually those skin tight short skirts that emphasise the female shape are very aerodynamic and help us when we are jumping and spinning.