What is the average weight of a car in Europe? (by car I mean passenger vehicle which includes mini vans, mpv)

I have been looking everywher on the web and I can't find any figure anywhere. I know that in the US it is around 2 metric tonnes so I expect the average european car to be around 1-1.5 tonnes. Could anyone help? Thanks :)

There are a few cars in the 'supermini' class which I guess you don't have at all in the states ( Fiat Punto, Renault Clio) which are 900-1100kg. Most of the smaller family cars are about 1000-1400kg (Ford Focus, VW Golf) Bigger saloons are maybe 1500-1800kg (BMW 5 series, Jaguar XJ) Really big cars & 4x4s car be anything up to 3000kg ( Merc S, Range Rover)

Cars are too damn heavy nowadays!

As the late Colin Chapman (founder of Lotus cars) once said, 'To make a good car better, just add lightness'!!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have been looking everywher on the web and I can't find any figure anywhere. I know that in the US it is around 2 metric tonnes so I expect the average european car to be around 1-1.5 tonnes. Could ...

Source(s): average weight car europe by car passenger vehicle includes mini vans mpv: https://tr.im/4OVx8
  • shake

Weight Of A Car

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avKOk

I've had both and I prefer the mini-van (gulp!). Dual sliding doors which are low to the ground so the kidlets can get in by themselves. Three rows of seats for playdates, etc., lots of cupholders. We have a Toyota Sienna and I love it. I never thought I would say I love a mini-van.

• Neil

I would guess around 1.2 to 1.4 tonnes.

I do have access to the data to calculate it, but it would take all day.