Honda 250 custom motorcycle repair?

I have a honda 250 motorcycle in need of repair, with pretty much everything, but don't really know the first thing when it comes to repair. Where is a good place to get information, or something that would be useful. Any useful advice would be appreciated as well.

Update:

Also, is there an easy way to get a replacement owners manual?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Hondas don't need repair, they're from Japan. They last forever without any kind of fixing or maintenance. Just start it up and ride.

• 1 decade ago

The Honda 250 custom was the predecessor to the Rebel. It is very similiar to the Rebel. I beleive 1983 was the last year the custom was offered. I am not sure of the repairs that you are referrring to. Your best bet to get affordable literature for your 250 is to try ebay. The dealership may be able to get you the shop manual (about $40.00!!), but they more than likely will not be able to get the owner's manual. The owner's manual is only helpful in keeping your bike road worthy. You won't find a lot of information in the owner's manual for repairing your 250. Another place to try is a swap meet.

If your 250 has been sitting for some time, definitely clean the gas tank and the carb. Ensure there is no rust in the tank. One little flake can cause you a lot of grief, believe me. If your motorcycle doesn't have an inline fuel filter, don't add one. If you add one that is not part of the original set up, it may rob your carb of the fuel it needs. On the carb, remove it from the bike. Remove the bowl and clean your float. Many carb problems come from the float and float needle being gummed up.

If you are not sure of what you are doing and want to take it to a dealership/mechanic, be prepared. You may have gotten the bike cheap, but repairs could get very costly. Most dealerships charge a minimum of $40.00/hr flat rate.

I hope I have been of some help. Good luck and enjoy your 250.

• 4 years ago

motorcycles are not risky. they do no longer bounce out and "chew" you, like a snake! accident costs are plenty under vehicles. Who advised you it somewhat is full of it. it somewhat is merely that, whilst a bike Does get into an accident, there is plenty extra effective % of extreme harm or dying. it somewhat is often the fool cage drivers that hit the motorcycle. a solid motosicklist is amazingly protecting, particularly paranoid or they do no longer journey long. it somewhat is why maximum of effective motorcycles are on the industry with few miles, people hen out. you need to fake you are the "invisible guy". sign, beneficial, yet do no longer assume that fool cage driving force to be conscious, Or Care. vehicles Do See motorcycles. to declare they did no longer "see you" is a Lie. they do no longer take be conscious, like a Mac Truck. Get a noisy horn and loud pipes. people pay attention a truck horn, they end. No, merely interior the 1st rain is climate a situation. After oil has washed off, they grip the pavement much extra valuable. a actual extreme wind and a easy motorcycle will; be a situation, of direction. yet, i've got been in a 2009 Hyundai and extremely almost sucked off the line by skill of autos or wind via the bypass at Texas Canyon. And, they weigh 2000 lbs!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

owners manual? bwahahaha, why don't you get a SHOP manual, a wrench and a clue

Source(s): owners manuals are worthless
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.