laura h asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

do turkeys lay eggs?

ha mite sound funny but do turkeys lay eggs like chickens? so do you get turkey eggs!? lol

21 Answers

Relevance
  • Nicole
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

Turkeys do lay eggs. Almost all birds do.

• Miz D
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yes turkeys lay eggs like chickens. I've never had a turkey egg to eat but guess it would be okay.

• 4 years ago

Hi there down, Many birds lay infertile eggs that will not hatch. A male is needed to fertilize eggs to produce offspring. It just depends on what your needs are. Turkey females have up to a 70% of the flock need to brood. I guess it's time to purchase another Tom. Have a great day.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, turkeys lay eggs just like all birds.

Source(s): chehalis.com
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Yes, turkeys do lay eggs. Probably never thought about it, because you rarely see turkey eggs. The "Chicken" has taken the spot light. (lol)

• 1 decade ago

Yes they lay eggs and yes, they are turkey eggs. All birds lay eggs, even ostriches.

• 1 decade ago

turkeys lay eggs

• bl_fkt
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

lol at dj's mom Ive yet to see a 45 lb turkey roosting in a tree lmao the though of that hehheh

Yes they do lay eggs

Dj'smom you made my day im laughing so hard here thankyou..

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

all birds lay eggs. the bigger the bird the bigger the egg. have you ever seen an ostrich egg. it's like 12 chicken eggs.

• 1 decade ago

Of course they lay eggs. They are birds you know.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.