• Computers & Internet >
  • Internet >
  • Other - Internet
  • Computers & Internet >
  • Internet >
  • Other - Internet

2wire wireless modem router help?

• Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I have this type of router. There is no problem with my usb wireless thing in my computer finding the 2wire modem the problem is configuring the modem. I have computer as normal ...show more
Best Answer
  • Clyde answered 8 years ago
hooke your router up. go to start run, type cmd for xp/xp pro/2000 click ok now type ipconfig. write down the default gateway ip then enter that into the address bar. click go.

98 user's start/ run/ type winipcfg click ok

http://192.168.1.254 using his address posted. click that..

Source:

ok look at the back of your router. should be a socket all by itself. should say phone line. now the other socket or sockets should say computer line. that would be where you plug computer into. if there are additional sockets those are for other computers. i will tell you this. do not go over 5 items after you have it all hooked up. like you can use a jack for 2 phone lines running off the one phone socket but do not split it again and have 2 comps running.
  • 0
    0
  • Comment

Other Answers (1)

• Jorm answered 8 years ago
    Hello there, i have the same wireless gateway and the IP address for all 2wire is: 192.168.1.254, and yes, just type it on the address tool bar. Once there, it will take you to all of your gateway's settings. Good luck!

By the way, just plug in the wireless gateway and configure it with the ip address I gave you. You don't have to hook the old one to reconfigure the new one...
    • 1
      0
    • Comment
  • 2wire wireless modem router help?
    I have this type of router. There is no problem with my usb wireless thing in my computer finding the 2wire modem the problem is configuring the modem. I have computer as normal and my 2wire router connected to my computer with an ethernet cable. This is recognised by the modem. My old wire modem is connected to the phone line and then to my computer via a usb connection. I cannot put the phone line from my new 2wire modem into the master socket as i need to connect to the internet to configure it and it will not allow me to connect. The only way i can connect to the internet is with my old wire modem but i need to connect my new modem to configure it. I have no installation CD.

I have read about typing number into the adress bar in other answers but they all come back as page not available so to does the link from the 2wire website.

I can't install my new wireless modem until i can access these sites to configure it and i can't access the site via my new modem. help
    Sign in 

to add your answer

1

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock