Rolls Royce reliability?

Does anyone have data or comparisons of Roller reliabilty? it is easy to compare most major marques (JD Powers) but there seems to be a dearth of info on Rolls, one suspects that the legendary reliability is just that, a legend and one does not compare oneself with the hoy poloy especially when they can crucify you. e.g. Lexus.

• Julie

for sure they are not n 1 in reliability for money.Perhaps in comfort ,luxury.

I agree, there's little information. It's still the case, I hear, that if a Roller does break down the driver rings Rolls Royce direct, who arrange for it to be whisked away in a covered vehicle so you don't see one on the back of a recovery truck.

Having said that, they are built like tanks and, too, the sort of people who own Rollers have any little niggles seen to immediately rather than put up with them. Like, sort of, the cigar lighter fails, so Rolls whips the car away and goes right over it while they're at it. Perhaps that add to the reliability legend. Plus, I suspect, owners would never admit to having bought a lemon!

• Lisa

Yes they are both bullet proof cars RE: Are Bentley and Rolls Royce reliable cars? I know they represent the " when it comes to cars. Nothing outshines them in the glamour department, and I would love to own a Bentley Arnage or Continental, or a Rolls Royce Silver Seraph. Alas, they are nowhere to be found in the used car guides. How do they fare when it comes to reliability? Can you count on your Rolls, or Bentley?

I don't know about now, but way back in time (1966) a Rolls Royce owner told me that he had been given a special telephone number. If his car broke down he should call that number. His car broke down, he called the number and Rolls Royce's own breakdown service collected the car on a covered breakdown trailer, thus attempting to support the claim that they never break down.

• Kyle M

Low production cars dont generally have reliability data simply because most tests are survey-based, which there just arent enough people to make an accurate survey. And because most people dont care when theyre spending that kind of coin on a car.

I actually used to drive/deliver New/Used RR's nationwide.

I am guessing 75-100 thousand miles driven over a 2 year period. Everything from brand new (less than 100 miles on odometer) to 15+ year old (with over 200,000 miles).

I agree with you, it is nearly impossible to find the comparison/data information you are wanting.

But, from my experiences, I would have absolutely nothing bad to say about the Rollers.

Sorry not much help & good luck to you

Rolls royce is the most durable car thatexist. This ca n be proved easilt. It is the only brand that more of 90% of all his cars produced are still present. Rolls royce has always been produced in very low quantity. However nearly all of them are still working. At hte most pretiguous vintage car show of america, THE PEBBLE BEACH CONCOUR D`ELEGANCE their is each year many rolls royce, especially old one.

Very reliable - if of course you can drive one properly - keep the revs down. But if you are unlucky and it does go wrong - it costs an arm and a leg to get the bugger fixed. Good motor to buy and customise - if you can get one cheap say for 5K. Then run a limo service -great trade about now for the new fashion for "proms" - stupid kids with money to burn.

Source(s): Mike10613
  • Neil

A Rolls-Royce will never do something so common as to brake down.

However, they do occasionally "fail to proceed".

Most Rolls-Royces are used so little, and are so well cared for by their owners, that the chance of a failure to proceed is rather slim.

best one to ask would be him what used to be on top gear, you know the balding bloke looks like him what used to be lead singer with the damned, oh bollocks i'll google him. quinten wilson: thats it. he used to specialize as a used roller dealer, hes an expert on them. but i think they're just rust buckets. anyway see if you can get his website if he has one or business email, hes da man that knows..