Why do people hate My Chemical Romance?

And I really mean HATE. I'm a massive fan and I just don't understand why ignorant people insist on throwing bottles at them and giving them such a bad press. I think that a few things need to be straightened out: 1. My Chemical Romance are NOT emo. 2. They do NOT endorse self harm. 3. Their songs do... show more And I really mean HATE. I'm a massive fan and I just don't understand why ignorant people insist on throwing bottles at them and giving them such a bad press. I think that a few things need to be straightened out:

1. My Chemical Romance are NOT emo.
2. They do NOT endorse self harm.
3. Their songs do NOT all sound the same.
4. They actually put real MEANING into their songs- something completely alien to most modern music.
5. They are all very musically TALENTED.
6. They are NOT all about "the look."

I know some people are accusing them of "selling out" after releasing The Black Parade.

Grow Up! So they've managed to reach a wider audience- I think it's great that more people are hearing their music.

Millions of kids who are shoved to the side in school finally feel like they fit in when they go to a My Chem show.

I know I'm going to get some really hateful and stupid answers.

You are perfectly entitled to dislike their music, but blind hate is unforgivable.
87 answers 87