Virgin Media Broadband?

If I go with Virgin media broadband, do I still have to open my line up with BT and pay £124 connection fee to bt? I already have a phone line but it's not live. If I got with Virgin can they do it all at a cheaper price?

Favorite Answer

if youre in a cable area, you dont need a phone line at all and you can have tv and broadband for £20 a month. £25 connection.

my friend is with sky and she gets tv for £16 a month and free broadband. £40 activation fee.

Ive got cable and Im more than happy with it ...3 cheers for virgin media but more tv channels on sky in all honesty

• Jaz

I have a bt line that is not active, and i am with virgin media for phone, tv and broadband there isn't a problem, I would not pay £124 to go on the bt phone, so virgin media is cheaper.

broadband through virgin media does not use a phone line.i have broadband off them and pay £18 per month.ask for a stand alone modem.or you can have 2 services for £20 or 3 for£30 or 4 for £40 ie phone ,tv,mobile phone , broadband.their may be a charge for installation round about £25.

No. Virgin Media is the old NTL and uises a completely different line to bring your service into you house (and also be warned....if you wanna go wireless you cannot use a bog standard ADSL modem and only Linksys wireless routers are certified as compatible with the Virgin service)