Virgin Media Broadband?

If I go with Virgin media broadband, do I still have to open my line up with BT and pay £124 connection fee to bt? I already have a phone line but it's not live. If I got with Virgin can they do it all at a cheaper price?

You don't need a BT Line to get a cable Internet connection from Virgin.

As long as you have an ethernet port on your computer and at least windows 98 or above then it will be fine. If you have broadband now then you should be fine, If you follow the cable from your computer to your modem/router and it looks a bit like a phone cable (but doesnt fit in a phone socket) then you will be fine, If you are using wireless now, virgin should supply you with a wireless router and that should also work with your computer. Personally i wouldnt go near virgin again, i had many happy years with ntl, but then the became virgin and then all the problems started, speed capping, channels being pulled.

yes dont quote me on this but with virgin they connect your line for very little and then you can have phone, broadband and tv for 30 a month

im due to move house soon and have been looking to have virgin media installed! its 25.00 for installation and they do deals from £10 + its probably best if you look on the virgin media website and have a look at what deal would be best for you! http:/www.virginmedia.com

Source(s): virgin media website
  • very simple.. if you solve this given problem, your problems will be solved automatically, but don't be selfish - its Natural Formula -

becoz all problems are interlinked with each other..

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AiDtU...

am I Wrong ??

They will hook you up straight away,probably for free!