how dangerous is unprotected anal sex?

i had anal sex with someone who is HIV+.

the condom broke while we were doing it.

although we put on a new one BEFORE he ejaculated, he was still inside me unprotected for about 30 seconds.

normally he tends to have a lot of pre-ejaculatory fluid and i was bleeding after.

how likely is it that i have contracted HIV?

has this ever happened to anyone before?

i spoke with an HIV counselor yesterday. she told me that there was a pretty low risk that i would have gotten infected from this encounter, but i should get tested in 3 months time.

do you think she told me this just to ease my mind?

• Best answer

She gave you the correct advice.

HIV is not transmitted in every unprotected encounter, and since it was before he ejaculated your risk is minimal but is also possible.

You should definitely get tested within the next 3 to 6 months.

The lining of the rectum is thinner & absorbs more easily than most other body tissues, so if this area had been exposed to HIV, it could mean increased risk. However, depending on where the condom breakage was, it's possible that any pre-ejaculate may have remained inside the condom. Always get tested, however. Condoms are not safe sex, they are SAFER sex... Best wishes to you, dear!

Well, Unprotected anal, without a condom would still be possible, Any kind of action is unsafe, kissing, touching yourself in unprotected areas and more. It is a low risk, but having sex with an HIV+ person, It is best to be safe.

not to scare you but, being on the receiving end of anal sex with an HIV+ was not a smart move. Condoms break. The lining inside is super absorbant - by nature - thats what its supposed to do. if you're negative, count your lucky stars and never do that again. there are safe things one can do with an HIV+ person, but thats not one of them.

I'd get tested in 3 and then 6 months if I were you. The trick is you might not know if he pre-ejaculated. If so, then there is a risk.

You're hopefully ok. I would get checked twice just to be sure. This never happened to me, but I have friends that have gotten it from lesser deeds.

It is not the HIV that I would focus on, it is the Hepatitis that will kill your liver and which is incurable. A and B can be vaccinated against. C and D cannot.

You may well be a dead man walking. You should take the oppotunity to catch up with friends and relatives and to pick out a funeral plot

Well, you first have to think about what is in the anus, the large intestine. What is their main purpose?? To absorb nutrients. Having anal sex is the easiest way to get HIV. I would get tested just in-case.

I think that 1.) you should try to abstain until you have your test results

2.)Why would if have sex with someone who has HIV if you knew there was risk

3.) Be careful and I wish you the best

If you want to talk more my email is AngelRage67@yahoo.com

These days its always best to use a condom . Dont get too frantic or those things will break on you .

If your of European decent, pray that you are the one percent that is immune to HIV.

Yeah, you should be tested and tested regularly for the next year.