Can you bring knitting needles on an airplane in carry on luggage?

Before jumping to conclusions you should all read the TSA list first.

Actually according to the TSA list knitting needles are permitted. However I would only bring the bamboo ones They also don't get detected by the metal detectors. Make sure you have your project secured and you have backup needles in your suitcase in case they confiscate them. I've gotten through a few times although nervous every time. If they ask then show them a print out of the FAA list which clearly states knitting and crochet needles are permitted.

Ps I'm an experienced knitter who likes to travel.

If you can or cannot take knitting needles in the cabin of an airplane depends on if you're flying on a US carrier and whether or not the TSA agent thinks that your needles are a threat. The TSA guidelines say that knitting needles are allowed, but the guidelines can be overridden at any time by a TSA agent.

To be safe, thread a lifeline through your work and pack an extra set of needles in your checked bag. Carry a self addressed stamped padded envelope. If you're not allowed through security with your needles, you can take the knitting off of the needles (thank goodness for that lifeline) and mail them back to yourself. You can resume knitting when you reach your destination with the needles in your checked bag.

I have taken knitting needles on US carriers. Typically I'm knitting socks on wooden DPNs or on metal circular needles. I have not been stopped or questioned about my knitting needles at a security checkpoint.

Why`not`SAIL`on`my`SHIP` instead`Pixie`you`can` carry`anything`you`Like`` and`knit`to your`hearts`Consent`` ?`whilst`watching`the Sunset`in`the`West`?

Source(s): ps`iv`sent`u some`top` ans`av`u`noticed` ur`score`rise xxCapt`Malco`

The person who answered "yes you can" is correct.

Add: Reference one of the above answers, you CAN bring on nail clippers and small scissors with blunt tips.

• Absolutely not! if you can't take nail clippers or tiny sewing scissors, imagine the damage you could do with a knitting needle!

Source(s): Frequent flyer.

Surprisingly you actually you can! At least TSA has it on their list of approved items

Apparently PaperChick and I are the only ones who actually do our research. Even though they are allowed, I probably wouldn't though, at least not the metal ones, cause chances are even though they are permitted, security will make it a bit harder on you

Last time I went to a UK airport, it was no - not for carry-on luggage.

I would take the elastic needles (short ones, connected by a plastic tube). They are much safer for your neighbours...

• Black

Check with the airline guidelines to see what you can bring or can't bring or why not google your search.

YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO TAKE ANY THING IN YOUR HAND BAG ON BOARD AEROPLANE THAT CAN REMOTELY BE USED AS A WEAPON. IN YOUR CASE KNITTING NEEDLES DO QUALIFY. IT WOULD BE WISE TO PUT THEM IN YOUR CHECKED IN LUGGAGE.