Dj KluP asked in Games & RecreationGambling · 1 decade ago

How do I pick winning lottery numbers?

Ive seen some ebooks on ebay claim to show you how to pick winning lottery numbers. Ive heard that they somewhat work. Some people even write programs to pick winning lottery numbers. Anyone have advice?

I don't mean like hitting the jackpot every drawing , but like how to pick numbers that will make you win a few bucks here and there.

could i see that program please?

this is a very curious subject for me.

Favorite Answer

use the lost numbers lol

4 8 15 16 23 42

Honestly man, all joking aside. The lottery is completely random and does not in any way depend on past drawings. (randomness is independent of past events, if you flipped a coin 10 times and it happened to land on heads every time, the next toss you'd still have a 50/50 chance it would hit heads). Any books claiming to know some hidden secret, formula or system are completely bogus and are only out there because people don't know any better. You have just as much luck winning by picking 1 2 3 4 5 6 than anything else (as was already mentioned). Trust me, Ive written computer programs which prove this (I could send you one if you like). It really does not matter. Just pick 6 numbers and have fun.

Source(s): Gambler and a stats geek

You don't pick winning lottery numbers! It's the luck of the draw. The people who write these books are making a tidy fortune for themselves.

A Mathematician once drew my attention to the fact that if you chose 6 numbers 1 through to 6, you'd have as much chance of winning as anybody else - the odds of those six numbers coming up are millions to one!!

Heyy, if we knew then we would all be lottery winners. I am sure that everything is one big guess. Even the books that are out there. Some - have mathematical answers - and all in all - it is just the luck of the draw.

No. But here's some hot ones.

398

4110

5-17-21-38-57-6-1

The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math. To win, don't play.

Its based on LUCK. There's no way that they can predict the winning numbers - sounds like a big joke.

• FIXIT

Is there a TIME machine? I sure I will see my winning ticket from the future?

Thats impossible.

move to ontario, they're always winning there lol