Do you say vacuum or sweeper? Another funny regional term?

We' re from Indiana and we call a vacuum a sweeper. My sis in law married a guy from Wisconsin. When she visited his family for the first time, she wanted to clean up for his mom while she was at work. She asked him, "Where's your mom's sweeper? I want to sweep the floors for her." So he went... show more We' re from Indiana and we call a vacuum a sweeper. My sis in law married a guy from Wisconsin. When she visited his family for the first time, she wanted to clean up for his mom while she was at work. She asked him, "Where's your mom's sweeper? I want to sweep the floors for her." So he went and got the broom. She said "No, not the broom, I want to sweep the carpets in here for your mom." He goes, "Sweep the CARPETS? What the hell are you talking about? Do you mean VACUUM the carpets? I'll get the vacuum." He had never heard the term "sweeper" before! LOL And he freaks out whenever he hears it! Now we jokingly argue all the time over whether it's a vacuum or a sweeper. LOL
Update: LOL They also say "soda" in Wisconsin and we say "pop" here. My dad is for New Mexico and says "Coke" for every soft drink, and to go out to eat! It took my husband forever to figure out what my dad was talking about when he asked him if he wanted "to go for a Coke." lol He... show more LOL They also say "soda" in Wisconsin and we say "pop" here. My dad is for New Mexico and says "Coke" for every soft drink, and to go out to eat! It took my husband forever to figure out what my dad was talking about when he asked him if he wanted "to go for a Coke." lol He would just look at me all confused and go, "Uh, okaaaayyy." I had to explain to him my dad was asking him if he wanted to go to Burger King. LOL