Should the UK prescription charge system be made more fair?

Currently those who recieve a kidney (and other )transplants have to pay full prescription charges - whilst i understand that they could buy prepayment certifcates it seems grossly unfair that Diabetics are fully exempt - they would die if they stopped taking immune suppresants and the other support drugs - my... show more Currently those who recieve a kidney (and other )transplants have to pay full prescription charges - whilst i understand that they could buy prepayment certifcates it seems grossly unfair that Diabetics are fully exempt - they would die if they stopped taking immune suppresants and the other support drugs - my friend currently take up to 13 tablets a day- can we please bring some fairness into the system

If you think they should be exempt please sign the prime ministers petition at http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/transplantees...

Only by expressing our opinions can we change the system
Update: Remember - the question is about making the system equitable for all - if a certain group have life threatening disease then they should all or none get help with the charges.
Also at point is why should the Welsh and Scots be exempt and not the English? Is that fair.
Update 2: Remember - it's ok to pay if you are on a couple of prescriptions a year - no hardship - if you are on 7 different tablets - thats 7 x 7 x 12nearly 600 a year - people that sick don't work - so you are looking at more than a small portion of thier income. Also - how much does it cost to administer the... show more Remember - it's ok to pay if you are on a couple of prescriptions a year - no hardship - if you are on 7 different tablets - thats 7 x 7 x 12nearly 600 a year - people that sick don't work - so you are looking at more than a small portion of thier income.

Also - how much does it cost to administer the system?
7 answers 7