Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Danish phrases of endearment?

Can someone please write out some phrases a lover could say in Danish with their English translation? (eg. my love, sweetheart, darling, etc...) Thanks!

Update:

Could you give the Danish words though please?

Update 2:

Specifically for a man to a woman.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

min skat (my precious/ treasure/ darling)

min søde (my sweetie)

min elskede (my love/beloved)

min kære (my dear)

min kæreste (my dearest or my boyfriend/girlfriend)

There's also øjesten ("eyestone") and guldklump (gold nugget), but they are more used for children. I can't think of any more generic ones. A couple will usually also use more gender specific words or endearments related to the characteristics of a person, make up their own terms of endearment or use whole sentences.

Ven and lille ven (friend and little friend) as another answerer suggested can also be used, but you need to be careful with those as they can sound condescending. I know many who do not like being called ven as an endearment.

Edit:

Phrases from a man to a woman could be:

Smukke (beautiful/beauty) or min smukke (my beauty)

Min blomst (my flower)

Min prinsesse (my princess)

Du er den dejligste tøs (You're the lovliest gal) - this is more common language, I wouldn't recommend using it if you're writing a serious love poem. :)

Other generic sentences are:

Jeg elsker dig (I love you)

Vær min for altid (be mine forever)

Du er det dejligste jeg ved (you are the loveliest thing I know)

Source(s): I'm Danish
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Danish Greetings Phrases

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Aelskling (darling), lille vaen (little friend) kaere (dear) pronounced a bit like "share".

• 5 years ago

If you are a novice who understands extremely small if any Spanish but you will like to learn much more then you have to take a program https://tr.im/FiBMB the on-line program of Spanish

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Fruits. Bananas are my favorite. btw did you know that tomatoes are the #1 selling fruits? true beans

• munden
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

fruit grows on woods or vines and fruit and vegetables grow in the floor.

• Travis
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tomato,I,lettuce,love,potato,You.That's always a good one.The Danes love their vegetables.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.