how many words in a basic adults book?

theres usaly 300 pages just wonder thanks

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The average number of words in a book is actually much closer to 70,000 – and 100,000 word novels are not as common as you might think.

However, if what you're really asking is 'how many words do I have to write to finish a book?' the answer is as many as it takes! Some novels (actually most) are too long, very few are too short. Just make sure that your story is told well and to the very best of your ability and the word count will take care of itself.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My novel GAMEPLAYER: The Genesis Portal runs 315 pages and averages about 320 words per page. Wow, I'm tired just thinking about writing all of those words.

Gary Anderson

• vici
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i wondered this the other day so i counted a page full of words and times it by the number of pages

the answer came to twenty thousand

that means with every 5 books i read i read a million words i think that is amazing myself

• Stephen6 years agoReport

Just to be pedantic, it would actually need 50 such books to hit your 1 million word target. 1 million is a thousand thousand, not one hundred thousand.

• 1 decade ago

The only adult books i know are short on words and big on pictures. UK.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

80,000-100,000 words

• 1 decade ago

you should read Nicholas sparks' books, there amazing

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.