What can i do to stop my cat from constantly loosing collars?

My cat is 10 months old and is forever loosing collars and they never last more than a couple of weeks before she comes home minus the collar i've always found the collars with a good bell on to be a useful warning for small creatures as my cat is always hunting and eating them when not wearing a collar is... show more My cat is 10 months old and is forever loosing collars and they never last more than a couple of weeks before she comes home minus the collar i've always found the collars with a good bell on to be a useful warning for small creatures as my cat is always hunting and eating them when not wearing a collar
is there anyway i an stop her from loosing them or should i just give up and stop buying collars alltogether
Update: would just like to add that the collar is a correct fit for the neck so it's not a problem with them being too loose
Update 2: also she's been micro chipped