What is the difference between a game and a sport and an art?

I've read the answers to similar questions, but I am still not clear. Some people have said that sports tests a person's physical skills and endurance. If so, what about bowling? That's not really an endurance sport. It tests skill, though. What category does pool/billiards come under? What about... show more I've read the answers to similar questions, but I am still not clear.

Some people have said that sports tests a person's physical skills and endurance. If so, what about bowling? That's not really an endurance sport. It tests skill, though.

What category does pool/billiards come under? What about darts?

What about figure skating, which tests skills and endurance as well as other things, but is a solo or pair activity rated by judges. Would then ballroom dancing be considered a sport?

And what about stage combat - the kind of sword fighting you see in movies? That takes great skill, endurance, control, but like figure skating and ballroom dancing, it is choreographed. People are judged in it when they go for their certification. Could this be considered a sport? It's not really a game, but it can be considered an art.

I'm just so confused. Perhaps there isn't a clear line? I would really like to get some help on understanding the difference between sports and games.
Update: MB - I love the quote! lol. I can not imagine a life-threatening injury arising from bowling, yet it is considered a sport. Silver Fox - thanks for the definitions, though it doesn't make things clearer to me. There seems to be a lot of overlap. I'm still not sure why somethings are considered a sport,... show more MB - I love the quote! lol. I can not imagine a life-threatening injury arising from bowling, yet it is considered a sport.

Silver Fox - thanks for the definitions, though it doesn't make things clearer to me. There seems to be a lot of overlap. I'm still not sure why somethings are considered a sport, while others that seem to fit the same categories aren't.