What does it mean to say someone is "like two of eels"? Where does the phrase come from?

As eels can reproduce asexually, its offspring are genetically identical to the "parent." So, though I'm not familiar with this saying, I would think it's similar to "they're like two peas in a pod," ie - identical

Hello,

(ANS) I don't know the precise origins of this saying but my understanding is that it means a person is not trust worthy (what they say cannot be trusted for a moment).

Slippery like two eels means the person can, & will slide out of taking any responsibility for anything. As in a slipper character. You cannot pin them down, as eels slide over each other, they wriggle free!!

IR

My mother used to say: "Don't just stand there like two of eels" when she needed help doing something.

Nope - me either - you sure you got the right phrase?

Think it`s something to do with a card game or card reading.

slippery on both sides

huh

never heard of it!