is it acceptable for my boyfriend of 5 years to talk to his ex's friends.....?

he says he has known her longer and he is not interested in in his ex. Its just he lets on and speaks to this friend and it obviously makes me a little parnoid if he asks about his ex etc. He was only with her a couple of years and he was a lot younger and we have beentogether over 5 years and live together.

I have been in the exact same situation, except that I am "the ex's friend".

My story: W dated L1 (a good friend of mine) and then they broke up and I still saw them both separately.

W sometimes asked about L1 but eventually W started dating L2 and I became friends with L2 and we don't talk about L1 anymore.

I am still friends with L1 but not as much as W. I am so glad that L2 does not find me a threat and has become friends with me.

Can I give you some advice? Rather don't worry about it and become paranoid. Your attitude will irritate your boyfriend if you get too worked up about it and you'll just cause problems that were never there.

If something really does happen then all you need to do is make sure that you do nothing wrong. As soon as you interfere in someone else's decisions they can blame things on you but if you trust him and let him do whatever, you give him a chance to prove himself. And maybe you will make some interesting unforgettable friends too :)

well if a person adopts a mature approach you still can talk to past friends etc The problem comes if he asks questions about her that is not right and will make you feel insecure however he could just be asking to be polite and not create a scene as some friends can hold a grudge. how would he feel if you did the same you probabley wont do it if his ex's friends are not judemental on him for the split then a quick hello should be enough and if he sees its upsetting you he should cut the ties and just move on with you.

he is aload to be friends with her hun there int a law against that if he didnt want you to know then i would say there is something going on but as he dont mind you knowing trust me his ok its only friends nothing wrong with what his doing

maybe you should both invite her out for the evening or something so u get used to the idea

please dont be jealous you will only push him into the arms of another woman

my ex was jealous so i divorced him and now i am with the man he was jealous of but i am happier cos i can live freely without my ex being jealous my man has moved in now too

please let this be a lesson to you if you love him trust him xx

If you are insecure in your relationship with this guy you could easy feel this way.

Maybe something is missing and you fear he may still have feelings for this ex.

Work on finding what is really bothering you and try to find a solution.

My ex kept in touch with all of his ex's...claimed they were still friends...ended up sleeping with one of them while we were together....(at least I only found out about one)....hence he is now ex.....so no I don't think it's acceptable!

probably just to keep you on your toes, know what I mean?

Sometimes, if the missus is going off the boil I will go out with an old girl friend for the night, just lets her at home know that she needs to work at a relationship and not get complacent.

.

You've been with him for 5 years and still have jealousy issues??? Get some counseling; it sounds to me like the problem is yours, not his. Your insecurity is going to ruin what you two have together...

No way, he should be in prison and his tongue cut out and he should be chained to your side. Oh, im sorry, are we in America, never mind then, he can talk to whoever he wants baby

she may have been the one that got away. i get paranoid. that said, he may just care about her and want to know what she's doing from time to time. try to investigate a bit without revealing yourself as the paranoid, scheming woman that you are. :o)

Geri

tell him how you feel about it

tell him that its making you feel insecure and if he could turn the tables what would he feel