Computer question; Every time I turn on my computer, (windows xp) I have to reset my screen resolution. Help?

I not a computer wizard by any means. I do know my way around it pretty good. When the system reboots everything happens just like normal then right before the hour glass icon disapears the screen goes black temporarily and then the resolotion is suddenly 8 bit. Is there a sneaky secret thing I can do? It's very anoying.

Maybe your Video card cannot stand your resolution, that is why its coming back in a 8 bit resolution, Video card comes in a Capacity also, if you happen to have a VGA slot try to buy VGA you will just insert it into the slot, it just an upgrade, and let the technician do the work if your not a wizard like what you've said.

Make sure you download the latest driver from the manufacturer. Some of the latest Microsoft security updates may have affected your system. Also, In the device manager does your monitor and video card show up correctly ?

• Erika

those are probable your administrator / consumer settings, that are set on your "administration Panel." you will discover distinctive settings here for a number of of customers, alongside with whether to require a password. it is common to desire to easily be "proprietor" and yet another may be a "particular consumer." verify that and do away with the consumer profiles you do no longer choose. besides, you're able to be able to desire to objective and notice in case you go with the password in any respect. particularly circumstances whilst it pops up, i will only "ESC" precise out of it and not enter it in any respect, and proceed as universal.

hm thats hard did you save your settings on your comptuer that shold fix the problem

try diagnose your graphics system (Disp Card, Driver, MotherBoard and etc.)

rightclick on your desktop then click properties.. then andjust your display properties.. then click apply.

Go to myspace.com!! Can't really help you!