I have a Sony vaio laptop. what do I need to use wifi to use hot spots broadband and broadband at home.?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
First you need to make sure your laptop has a wireless modem. Then if it doesn't you will need a Wireless adapter either a card or USB. IF it has wireless modem you need a to turn on wireless on your computer then Go to the network option on your comtrol panel to find wireless networks to conect to. If you want to conect at home you will need a wireless router.

Asker's Rating & Comment

4 out of 5
this really covers what I need to know
  • 1
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Mounso answered 7 years ago
    Wireless capability, a broadand account and a decent wifi signal. Try checking out BT for a home and away package, you get free 'on the move' wifi minutes with a BT home hub package. I find it all very satisfactory. Failing that, try finding a local coffee shop or such like, that has a private network and get a sign and log in from them. I have a local provider I used to use, that had a transmitter/receiver outside my window. They charged me £15.00 for a month and it was a great connection.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • rajneesh t answered 7 years ago
    i think sony vaio is a wifi enabled laptop only u have to activate by controlpanel or if there is a switch to turnon/off to use.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • mackyinc answered 7 years ago
    you just need to buy a wireless router.. if you already have an broadband internet.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock