What to do when you are really sorry?

My ex and I have been close again and talking about getting back together. Last night we went out with a group of friends and I got drunk and gave out my ex's number to a guy. It was stupid and I know that. I told my ex everything and I just want to let him know that I am truely sorry and that I want to be with him and no one else. How do I let him know that I am completely sorry?

I gsvr my ex's number out because that is how drunk I was. I thought I was giving a guy my number but I gave him the wrong one! Drunken mistake

Yeah good luck with that plan!

An Ex is an Ex for a reason.

Actions speak louder than words. Don't apologize too much. You're probably having a hangover effect and feeling kind of funky mentally. Don't dwell on it too much.

In fact, just brush it off and ask him out for dinner or something. You both know you were hammered beyond belief. Now is not the time to dramatize last night's action.

If he demands an apology, apologize genuinely and move on. You don't need a fiasco regarding the silly things that happened at the bar last night.There's nothing worse than a lady who is always creating dramas, doing stupid **** and then crying and apologizing for days on end.

well....

never say I WAS DRUNK!

that is no excuse for the way you acted...sorry honey, but oh soo true.

tell him the truth, you shouldnt have to beg and plead. come on now,

THINK...

why is he X'ed any way

if you two are gunna break up, and then get back togeather and so on and so forth...what is the point. you need a guy who will raise the bar for you and vice versa. if he cant provide everything you need..move on! someone else will. you should never be at a mans mercy or let your self be that girl, come on, it's rediculious, so maybe you were outta line! no regrets, apologize and move on. seriously, dont beat your self up over it. and dont be feeling sorry bout the situation, **** happens. smile! have a good day.

Source(s): my brain

Remember that being sorry means that you will never do it again.

Understand how you made him feel and tell him so.

Tell him how profoundly sorry you are, how you will never drink like that again, because you not only shamed him, you shamed yourself.

Ask to be forgiven. If he doesn't take you back, than you never really had a relationship worth having any way.

I am confused. Why did you give your ex's number out to a guy? What guy? Why would he be upset about that. If you gave your number out to a guy, that would be understandable.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret. Bring your sin into the light because God will forgive you and cleanse you completely.

Source(s): 1 John 1:9

you could tell your ex that your sorry and you were drunk and you shouldnt of drank..and you really hope your ex forgives you because you dont want to lose them again.

Do something really romantic for him. Since you used to be married you should know what he likes.

All you can do is say, "I'm sorry, I was drunk!", and stop getting drunk!

Look at him straight in the eyes and say you are sorry. If you are then he will see it in your eyes.They truly are the window to your soul