Yahoo Answers is shutting down on 4 May 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

garyhedge88 asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

rabbit hutch?

Anyone know where i can buy a cheap rabbit hutch in kent mostly around dover or canterbury , cheers and a rabbit cheap :)

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

You can look in loot, friday ads, ebay and of course Thanet gazette for hutch. Make sure it is a large on , pref 5' so your bunny can hop around when not out in a run. Go to a rescue to get a rabbit. Shops are cheaper but cannot guarantee you the sex or the health of the animal. A rescue will make sure that the animal you choose is healthy and vaccinated and if old enough, neutered. Do as much research as you can before getting a rabbit and make sure you can cover vets bills, vaccination, yearly checks, food, hay, straw etc and also you can get cover to look after your pet while on holiday. Good luck.

Source(s): Owner of four, fosterer and volunteer at a large SE England rabbit rescue.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

Hi have a look here they are well built and affordable http://pethomes2u.com/rabbit-hutches

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We got our first one form Pets At Home - not sure if this is a major chain store, but I think it's quite big. They have quite a range, from basic to executive to luxury. If you have a look, it should give you an idea of what is available, and a base line for judging price.

Rabbits need space to move, so if you do buy a basic hutch, make sure you have enough space for the bunny to exercise safely (inside or out). We needed to buy a second hutch because the first was too small, but the rabbit is quite large.

Good luck.

(The Pets at Home website shows a basic hutch from £41.99 - no I am not on commission. - This may not be particularly weather-proof)

Source(s): www.petsathome.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

sorry i can't answer your question but I've had 3 rabbits and i made a home made hutch as weird as that sounds they

DO NOT like these little dinky hutches that people sell in pet shops nowadays as i bought 2 rabbits at the same time coz they were sisters i put one in the large home made hutch and the other in a small rabbit hutch we bought from a pet shop,the rabbit in the large hutch was the sweetest creature you could ever meet kind,loving so on where as the rabbit in the small hutch bought from the pet shop started biting and scratching,whenever we went to the hutch we were cover in scratches it got so bad we had to give her away.

get the biggest hutch possible and also make sure you let it out in a run everyday

good luck x

• 1 decade ago

Any local pet shop will sell these. Get out the yellow pages and make a few calls or log onto yell.com

• 1 decade ago

online sites are cheap and efficient

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.