What is the legal age to get a tattoo in the UK?

I would love to get a tattoo but I'm only 12 and I don't know what the legal age to get a tattoo is in the UK. Could someone please tell me?

Under the Tattooing of Minors Act 1969, it is a criminal offence to tattoo anyone under the age of 18 years.

18

I believe the legal age is 18. I strongly advise against getting a tattoo at 12! Once you've got it it's there for life, so it's worth waiting 'til you're of legal age to make sure you really want it.

The legal age is 18!

It's 18. You're only 12. Too young for tattoos. Don't go thinking I'm a bossy parent. I'm 14.

18, I'm from Uk and you have to be 18 years old and sober, a tatooist in UK will not tatoo you if he thinks you have been drinking too much OR are under 18 years of age.

in the uk its 18.

No tattoo artist would touch you if you are only twelve!

Give it a few years, and think about what you really want!

you got another 6 years to decide if you even want that tattoo, i doubt you will, why are you even into them at a young age???

you must be 18 years or over and obviously no parental consent needed

18

if you can look 18 and find someone to do it, don't, because they'll be dodgy and you might get an infection.

WHY vandalise your body? it'll only look cool for a week and you'll spend the rest of your life maybe not regretting it but at least wishing you could change it.

be proud of what you are not what you can get away or endure under a needle.

if you want pain while sitting in a chair go to the dentist

93