I was getting social security money from because my father passed away.?

I was getting social security money because my father passed away 8 years ago. The checks would always goto my mom. Then I turned 18 and I still received a years worth of social security money. Since I was 18 the checks were under my name but my mom still cashed them...NOT once did I sign a check to her. Is... show more I was getting social security money because my father passed away 8 years ago. The checks would always goto my mom. Then I turned 18 and I still received a years worth of social security money. Since I was 18 the checks were under my name but my mom still cashed them...NOT once did I sign a check to her. Is there anyway to take her to court to get my money back?
Update: I'm not trying to be a dick to my mother but I just believe she has taken advantage of this. I never once seen a penny of this money and it's that time in my life where I NEED a car to get to work and I need money for college and there's nothing left.
Update 2: First of all she spend a lot of that money ON HER. Around $30,000 she spend directly on her. I need a car and I have a job. I don't make enough to get a car. I don't ask her for much and I will take her to court because she treats me like ****.
Update 3: I only asked her for some help to buy a car. She got $12,00 which was under my name. Right now some of that money could be good use so I can buy a car and get to work on my own. She can't even give me a few dollars to take a bus to work. I get paid bi-weekly so I don't have money right now.