How do you convince your husband or significant other to get rid his dogs???

They keep destroying everything, we keep having to fix things or replace things and we are in the middle of looking for a new place to live and having the hardest time finding a place that will accept dogs at all let alone 2 large dogs. I think it would be more responsible to just focus on taking care of ourselves... show more They keep destroying everything, we keep having to fix things or replace things and we are in the middle of looking for a new place to live and having the hardest time finding a place that will accept dogs at all let alone 2 large dogs. I think it would be more responsible to just focus on taking care of ourselves and our kids (have 2 + 1 on the way) plus I would really like to be able to have a backyard that is not controlled by dogs and their mess and set it up for the kids and have it be clean.

I tried to give him an ultimatum - either you be alone and keep your dogs and find a new place to live by yourself or you get rid of them and keep me and the family together. That didn't go over so well.....

He thinks I'm cruel and heartless now!
Update: Thank you all for answering- it is helpful to see from a different viewpoint I guess I am being heartless. However, I also want to clarify that he doesn't doesn't take care of them - they are 2 boy pit bulls, he won't allow me to get them fixed (I have offered to take them to get fixed many times) but I... show more Thank you all for answering- it is helpful to see from a different viewpoint I guess I am being heartless. However, I also want to clarify that he doesn't doesn't take care of them - they are 2 boy pit bulls, he won't allow me to get them fixed (I have offered to take them to get fixed many times) but I guess male thing he doesn't want them fixed. Plus he doesn't clean up the poop outside I clean up most of the time but now I'm pregnant. He's had 1 for a few years now which I am ok with but recently got a puppy even though I disagreed. Now they are constantly fighting and the puppy (now 1 yr old) has destroyed everything. It seems like now that there are 2 of them they are destroying everything so much more - the older dog never did anything like this before the puppy came along. And no matter how much I dislike them I still make sure they are taken care of, feed, clean, and have bones to chew on.