Is the "extra pillow" myth in hotels true? (You'll either know what I'm talking about or you won't)

ie asking for an "extra pillow".

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

false, and illegal in most countries, maybe in the netherlands or italy, where thats legal

• 1 decade ago

Well I don't know how legit this is, but someone (Pontac) has already answered this question. Here is his excellent response:

****Quote****

Wellllllllll

There is a fairy story that asking for an extra pillow in a hotel is code for ordering a professional bed partner.

That is utter phooey.

Ask for an extra pillow and that -- and only that -- is what you will get. I have been travelling for more years than I care to recall over three continents and many countries and I always ask for an extra pillow.

If you should be in such a hotel that supplies guests with women of the night, then come out and ask for what you want (hair color/bust size, height etc -- don't fuff around asking for pillows). And in these types of hotel such a companion will usually be suggested to you.

Source(s):

Been there, done it.

8 months ago - Report Abuse

****End Quote*****

For those who are looking 'in this direction' it is (apparently) quite common in Asia to have massage services available through the hotel. It seems that many of these 'shade' into grey areas. Concierges of course are used to all sorts of requests. You'll probably find in upper class hotels that they will direct you to find your extra pillow somewhere 'off premises' and keep an eye on you to make sure you don't try to smuggle it back into the building.

• papars
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Most good quality hotels usually offer an extra pillow. You'll find it inside the wardrobe. Or, you can ask the housekeeping to give you one. It's free.

I dont know of any other myths, despite having stayed in hundreds of hotels around the world.

• 1 decade ago

No idea what you mean or what type of hotels you stay in, the ones we go to don't even have to lower themselves of having guests ask for extra pillows as there are always plenty on the bed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I have never had any problem with asking for an extra pillow in any Hotel in any country that i have visited.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Dont know what you mean. I have never heard anything about extra pillows in hotels and I have worked in and stayed in quite a few hotels. So what do you mean or what did you hear?

• Jack S
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

No. That's ridiculous. Especially in a really nice hotel.

• bill
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Are you thinking of phoning and asking for one now

Try it and see

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Extra what?

• 1 decade ago

yeah sometimes. mostly motels. usually it is the sleezy, trash looking person that follows those rules though...lol

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.