promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I have a Lexmark Z22 printer it only prints pages in light yellow ink, how do I fix it?

Both the black and color cartridges are new...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

Clean the heads with warm water and dry.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You could try cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol. Not the contacts on the ink cartridge, but on the printer. You could also try wiping the contacts on the bottom of the cartridge using a paper towel dampened with WATER ONLY. Just swipe it from front to back. Do not wipe it back and forth, only front to back or back to front. You could also try the "clean head" program in the Lexmark software, but I usually find that useless. If that doesn't work, you probably just need a new color print cartridge, which is a #60 for the regular or a #65 for a high yield cartridge. It is possible to get a bad cartridge, even though it is new. You could also try reinstalling the software. If none of this works, your printer is faulty, and you will just have to get a new one. Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

Provided you still have enough ink in the cartridge it may have just dried at the head. If the clean print head utility does not work then the next best option would be to manually clean it. Remove the print cartridge, take a slightly damp paper towel (or a Qtip) to wipe over the print head, the area that has lots of pin prick like holes. Don't make it too wet! wait till it drys out then replace. After that it should work fine after the first couple of pages.

If all else fails change the ink

• 1 decade ago

The ink nozzles are blocked up. Open your manual and see how to clean them up. It's not difficult but it will take a little time, printing a few pages and some ink until the problem goes away.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Hi

I hope this helps.

When this happened to me with HP printer it was because my ink cartridge was running out and could only use, in my case, green ink!

• 1 decade ago

The print head is the problem. Try your 'clean head' facility several times to see if this helps. Failing this, a replacement print head is probably the answer.

• 1 decade ago

# You ca'nt! Lexmart built these printers with all kinds of

# FLAWS ! They are nothing but a piece of 'CLAP' and

# throw it in thew trash! Had one-busted it up w/ a big

# Mother

# F___king Hammer!

# Buy a HP PRINTER . Low in cost & a better deal.

# Click on the web sites below.

Source(s): www.walmart.com www.TigerDirect.com
  • 4 years ago

Check your color cartridges, make sure the printer is enabled to print in color not just monochrome or black & white under its properties or settings.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1. get a new printer

OR

2. get a pen and a piece of paper out and start writing!

• 1 decade ago

i have had this problem in the past with the same brand, i was never able to figure it out..buy a hp,much more reliable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.