Best way to remove semi permanent hair colour!?

Ok, so I had beautiful long blonde hair, got in a grump with boyfriend, and promptly cut it into a bob and dyed it chocolate brown and red! Don't get me wrong, I loved it but it's just not me so I am currently trying my upmost to grow it and get the colour out. Luckily it was only semi permanent!... show more Ok, so I had beautiful long blonde hair, got in a grump with boyfriend, and promptly cut it into a bob and dyed it chocolate brown and red!

Don't get me wrong, I loved it but it's just not me so I am currently trying my upmost to grow it and get the colour out. Luckily it was only semi permanent! *phew*

It has lightened a lot and I'm currently at a warm brown/dark blonde colour and I am getting fed up. I've tried shampoo in jobbies which are great, but wash out and I don't want to build up any more dye on my hair. I also don't really want highlights put through every month, I'd like a nice even all over colour (plus it costs me!)

Any ideas as to what I can do, and I am NOT risking bleaching my hair at home... *remembers "Sun in" disaster!*

Thanks peeps!