We earn all these points but what for? Can we claim prizes with them or buy things or what? What's the point?

Update: I know it helps others - but that's answering questions for people - at least, genuine questions, not some of the C r a p that appears on here, but its the point part i don't get - normally if you earn points by doing something, you get something in return - i have nothing against helping people - and the... show more I know it helps others - but that's answering questions for people - at least, genuine questions, not some of the C r a p that appears on here, but its the point part i don't get - normally if you earn points by doing something, you get something in return - i have nothing against helping people - and the only reason i don't have more best answers is because i rarely have time to come on here. If i did have more time, like some saddos who are on here more than 2 hours a day, then i can promise you i'd have several times more best answers, but i have better things to do. I just wondered why the points.