Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

ACCA vs CIMA which one is better and why?

This is really confusing- you have different qualifications acca cima cfa etc etc how do you pick the best one?

which one will give you more in terms of technical knowledge and which one is more prestigious

thanx

Favorite Answer

I had the same decision about two years ago. After asking around for a bit these where my conclusions.

1. ACCA tends focus more on the technical side of accounting practices and leads to jobs such as corporate accountant, auditor, tax accountant etc.

2. CIMA cover all the accounting practices but maybe not with the same intensity. It does however have much more of an emphisis on management reporting, corporate stratagy and organisations. CIMA jobs tend to fall more within the remit of forecasting, budget making, variance analysis and strategy.

To be honest both qualifications will help you career wise and there is a lot of cross-over between them. If you want to be an auditor you have to have an ACCA qualifation though.

I chose CIMA mainly because I prefered the syllabus and was at the the time working in a department that was full of management accountants.

Go to their websites and look at the Why study CIMA/ACCA sections and have a look at the modules to see which you prefer. The usually also provide details on job types and salary ranges at different stages of qualification

John

PD I also heard that ACCA might be slightly easier but I have nothing to confirm this.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

thanx

Source(s): acca cima why: https://shortly.im/FGVXZ

If you make informed decisions and approach your penny stock investments with the same thoroughness that you’d use in your other investments, you too can unlock a whole lot of profit potential. Learn here https://tr.im/abIxp

It’s absolutely true that penny stock investors can make very quick gains. Synutra International, Inc. (NASDAQ: SYUT) is a great example of a penny stock. This dairy-based, nutritional-products company has jumped from a little Bulletin Board operation to a billion dollar corporation. The company finally graduated from Over-the-Counter status to the NASDAQ Stock Market bringing with it 113% gains in less than two months.

This happens all the time and it’s how some of the best investors in the world became the richest investors in the world. Buying some shares for pennies on the dollar and selling at $10 or $20 is possibly the fastest way from being a hobby investor to a super investor

I'm studying CIMA, because its more broad, more for financial management of funds and people, than ACCA, which is more auditing and pure accounting work, my friend in work is ACA, he said thats the best, and maybe he's right. CIMA adopted international accounting standards in 2005, and ACCA are just about to bring in the new standards later this year, even though it was law since 2005 for public companies to publish their accounts with IFS.

I'm struggling with CIMA, only half way there since the new syllabus came in, I don't know if ACCA is supposed to be easier, I don't think any of them are easy, apart from CPA, which some of my snobbish accounting friends call 'car park attendant' !! Any way I better get back to studying, I came on here cause my head is 'melting'

• Sarah

I believe both will be regarded reasonably equally in peoples eyes (the Times ranked Bristol 7th and Edinburgh 11th in 2007), and I have never heard of a prospective employer preferring an English university over Edinburgh, particularly as they are all ranked as "UK universities". In the long run I don't think course content is actually that important, so in this situation I think it is reasonable to let more peripheral factors help you decide: Where would you prefer to live (Edinburgh is a very nice city!)? Where would you want to work afterwards (it may be easier, to start with at least, to work in the same city as you study - particularly if you have benefited from experience with companies there)? Where are you friends and family, and will travel bother you? To be honest, however, you are in a pretty fantastic situation (even though it might not feel like that!) having offers from two top UK Universities - I don't think you can "lose" whichever one you choose.

Binary options let users trade in currency pairs and stocks for various predetermined time-periods, minimal of which is 30 seconds. Executing trades is straightforward. The system uses user-friendly interfaces, which even an 8 years old kid, can operate without having to read any instructions. But winning trades is Not easy.

Binary trading is advertised as the only genuine system that lets users earn preposterous amounts of money in ridiculously short period of time. Advertisers try to implicate as if you can make $350 every 60 seconds; if it was true then binary trading would truly be an astonishing business.

However, does it make any sense? Can every trader make tons of money in binary trading? Who is actually paying all the money or the profit to traders?

The first challenge is finding a trustworthy binary broker; secondly, you need to find a binary trading strategy, which you can use to make profits consistently. Without an effective trading strategy, there is no way you can make money in this business.

Learning a profitable trading strategy is possible, You should watch this presentation video https://tr.im/16635

It's probably the best way to learn how to win with binary option

ACCA coves Accountig, Audit, management and costing while CIMA covers only management and costing. So ACCA is more wide ranging.

1

Source(s): Secrets of Great Investments http://teres.info/TheTradingCode/?v26p

If you want to make money with binary options then this detailed educational articles and strategy guides. Go here https://tr.im/45EKf

These will teach you to efficiently trade financial assets and increase your winning probabilities. You can implement these strategies at binary options brokers. The idea is to always choose legit and reputable brokers to avoid being scammed

the best trading software http://tradingsolution.info

i have attended a lot of seminars, read counless books on forex trading and it all cost me thousands of dollars. the worst thing was i blew up my first account. after that i opened another account and the same thing happened again. i started to wonder why i couldn,t make any money in forex trading. at first i thought i knew everything about trading. finally i found that the main problem i have was i did not have the right mental in trading. as we know that psychology has great impact on our trading result. apart from psychology issue, there is another problem that we have to address. they are money management, market analysis, and entry/exit rules. to me money management is important in trading. i opened another account and start to trade profitably after i learnt from my past mistake. i don't trade emotionally anymore.

if you are serious about trading you need to address your weakness and try to fix it. no forex guru can make you Professional trader unless you want to learn from your mistake.