Do you lock your car doors?

while driving through a rough neighborhood?

Don't you think a criminal would just bust your window if he really wanted to?

Do you do this for a false sense of security?

Have you ever thought that locking your car

doors right in front of someone might provoke them to attack you out of anger?

Just a thought...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes I lock the doors

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I lock my doors in a rough neighborhood. What you're saying is kind of like saying, "well, I might as well not lock the door of my house at night cuz if a robber really wants to get in, he'll just find another way." ...I've known a person who was driving on the road and at a stoplight on PCH (in California), some homeless guy just hopped in and told them to go to x,y,and z. ...... better safe than sorry, but yes, you're right-I wouldnt' lock it so obviously in front of someone lest they attack me out of anger.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my window was busted so it's no use. was in a parking lot, didn't steal anything, bastadrds. I once drove a cab, next to the bad city locally, we usually pick up from calls at houses, i was dropping some kid off on a 3 am crack run, but it's company policy they have to leave the cab, no buying out the window, even though i'm driving and finding a spot involves looking for who's out sometimes, so i drop off this kid and i'm on my way out and some guy flags me done at 3am crack alley and my dumb *** almost pulls over, i hesitated but i was going to pull over and when i was in that was or wasn't going to stop in the hesitation he kicks the car and yells some angry stuff and i sure wasn't going to stop now. I had no business picking anyone up anyway i was from the next town over but we loved 5 or 10 more dollars.

it takes some work to bust a window a lil security, i wouldn't roll up my window and stare at someone suspiciously though, that's rude. i' not scared of anyone in particular to do that. It's rude but few people are crazy enough to just start attacking you. Where ever you are bosnia, thailand, coloumbia, peekskill, if you're unfortunate enough to come across an axe wielding psychopath it';s best to compliment him on the size of his blade.

• 1 decade ago

I actually don't lock my doors for that same reason. I figure if someone wants in a locked door is not going to stop them and they'll just break my window. I never leave anything valuable in my car that way a their gets nothing from me.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I lock my doors regardless of what kind of neighborhood I'm in. Yeah someone could break the windows, but I still think it's safe to lock the doors. Regardless of how they get in they are going to get pepper sprayed and body smashed.

• 1 decade ago

I keep my doors locked even when driving through a White neighborhood. I avoid driving through black and mestizo neighborhoods but when I do I stay to the main roads. I also carry a gun with me in case one of the blacks or mestizos wants to attack.

• 1 decade ago

Dude, no lie. True story. So like I'm waiting for the light to turn green. Out of the corner of my eye I see this lady going from car to car. I'm not sure what her deal is so I lock my doors, and roll up my windows. I'm thinking to myself, "Please don't come to my car, please don't come to my car!" So she comes to my car, and demands that I give her some money. I look at her and shake my head no! She looks at me, and says " F" you! You mother "F"! The first thing that comes to my mind is "Crack head!" Wait, it gets better! So she walks away all pissed off, and attempts to open this lady's car door in front of me! She actually went up to this lady's car door, and starting pulling on the handle trying to get inside the car!That's why it's important to always lock your doors! There's no telling what this woman would have done once she got inside someone's car! Crazy fat headed woman! : )

• 1 decade ago

Nope I just take the face off of my stereo,and keep nothing of value in it. If my car is to be stolen or broken into I don't want the added expense of replacing a broken window. It is an old trick I think you will find very common living in the city.

Besides that I have a permit to carry firearms...and usually do.

• 1 decade ago

i lock my car doors when i leave the car, but no not really when im in a rough neighborhood

• 1 decade ago

Heck yeah! Who drives through the hood with their doors unlocked? You must be crazy if you do.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.