Bad or good parenting move?

My seven year old is a BIG help. I am pregnant and now single. She helps out so much as i have been so exhausted this pregnancy. I have been giving her allowance for her extra chores and told her how much I appreciate all her help. I had a talk with her and told her that I would still probably need lots of help... show more My seven year old is a BIG help. I am pregnant and now single. She helps out so much as i have been so exhausted this pregnancy. I have been giving her allowance for her extra chores and told her how much I appreciate all her help. I had a talk with her and told her that I would still probably need lots of help after the baby is born too, especially when we go camping and stuff. I told her I don't expect her to be my slave and I want her to be a kid and did she find all the work she does unfair. She said she doesn't mind at all because I pay her... Is that a good or bad parenting move to pay her? Some chores are expected.. like take care of your own hamster.. put you own dishes in the sink... take the dog out... but all her extra help, I give her allowance for. I feel bad because I need her help so much and I dont' want to rob her of her childhood. She is ok with it as she feels apprecaited and gets to earn money... is this bad of me?
13 answers 13