Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Comcast On Demand Issues?

Has anyone else been experiencing problems with Comcast On-Demand the last few weeks?

I try to access it, and almost invariably get an error 14.

I also have frequently been experiencing "No Info" on all my digital channels during this same period.

I have called Comcast three times: 1st time I was told that "it has been an on-going issue in my area (Seattle area), the technicians were working on it, but didn't know when it would be fixed.

Second time I called, I was told to "check all my connections".

My conncections were fine.

The third time I called, they tried to "ping" my digital box, but it wasn't responding. My choices are scheduling an appointment, or exchanging the box myself.

The last two days the "No Info" issue seems to have resolved itself, but still no "On-Demand".

I have NOT been impressed with Comcast's abilities to fix any technical issues.

On Demand not playing could be caused by a number of things. The error 14 should tell them what the problem is, or at least give them an idea. That's why they're number coded. Some on demand problems can be solved by a simple hit to the box...it's a signal sent out by a customer service rep. or the technical dispatch to refresh the box. Cust. service reps. can normally do this but they aren't very well trained to know what type of hit would fix what type of problem. It usually takes a technician showing up & calling his dispatch. At least, that's the way it works here.

Bad splitters can cause on demand not to work. They would also account for the box being a non-responder, meaning the box is no longer communicating back with the Comcast plant (system). And it could very well be a bad box. If it's easy for you to do, you may want to try to swap it out for a new one & see if that works. If it doesn't, I'd get a tech. out to look a little deeper.

• lanza

Error 14 Comcast

• damato

Comcast Error 14

NO WAY! I am in Tucson and we have been having the same issues! We actually had to have Comcast come out to our house and replace a cable box. The one bedroom's box would all of a sudden have a blank screen but still have sound. Then I would have to do the channel up button (or channel down) and then go back to the channel I wanted to get a picture. This would happen every 30 minutes or so. Since replacing that box, we have not had any more problems (knock knock). Prior to the box replacement, I also got "check the connections, unplug it then plug it back in...blah blah blah" We, fortunately, have not had too much trouble with On Demand. Thursday night (friday am really, at 0230) I got off work and wanted to watch Survivor and it wasnt available. I watched CSI first, then tried again and got Survivor. It is very frustrating though. Sorry for you, but at least now we both kow its a major issue, and not just a personal one.

Im currently experiencing this same issue. From what I have been reading, error 14 is a communication issue between the cable box and Comcast. I have read that possible problems include bad cable to the box, bad splitter(meaning the filtered signal is not allowing the signal to pass), or just weak enough signal that one box gets on demand while the others do not. I will be investigating these problems and will report back what resolves my issue.

i would let them schedule the tech. im a customer service rep, and youve done everything remotely to try to fix. the signal may not be strong enough or something a tech would have to do. and its free.

ask about credits.