Snacks to eat during a game?

I am always starving during and after my softball game. What should I eat right before or during the game that will keep me full, but not make me feel sluggish? I'm not into eating energy bars, or fruits for the game..I want to eat real food/snacks because I have a high metabolism

Favorite Answer

I coached football for 5 years and baseball 4, I alwats told my players to eat something like peanut butter on toast or a banana and some peanut butter and crackers....The sodium , protien, and potassium, in these snax give you that full feeling you are looking for, and the necessary, energies you desire without making you feel sluggish !! Good luck and swing for the fences darlin'.

I would take along some sunflower seeds to snack on during the game and before the game I would eat a banana or an orange.

Right before a game I would eat a sandwich that would keep me going. After the game I would pig out at the local fast food place.

• Mimi

Nuts are great also half of a peanut butter sandwich will give you the energy that you need during the game.

• Renji

Popcorn

What works for me is peanut butter & jelly sandwiches..either with milk or even soda. Is not that heavy and the peanut butter gives me lots of energy.

If you eat plain spaghetti pasta without sauce before any type of athletic activity, it gives you energy and complex carbs. It fills you up too.

@->-->-

Chicken wings.

• Anita

apples. rice crispies. juice. cookies. muffins. energy drinks.

• jody n

take cheese and crackers