Please help. I need an idea for soups.?

Hi Everybody! I am in culinary arts school and I need to create (invent) an soup of my own. I don't need a recipe, just crazy ideas for soups that no one has ever thought of! Thanks in advance.

• JAN

Make your own version of Ratatouille. Which is eggplant peppers, tomatoes, zucchini,onions all cooked down to make a veg. soup cold or hot. There are so many great vegetables to work with, try a variation.

An incredibly flavorful crystal clear (as in, not cloudy) broth

Something you can puree and top w/ sour cream; maybe pumpkin or butternut squash?

a dessert soup, made w/ cream or H&H or yogurt and fresh fruit (peaches, raspberries, blueberries, watermelon, honeydew, anything juicy)

think of a favorite dish, and convert it to a soup. Like a loaded baked potato became Potato Soup and is garnished w/ bacon, cheese, chives, and sour cream. So think of another calssic dish, likeTurkey Tetrazini, or Corned Beef & Cabbage, BLT or Reuben Sandwich, or Hot Tamles w/ Chili & Cheese. Hope this makes sense.

What about sweet potatoes? There are potato soups but I never heard of a sweet potato soup. The question would be whether to make it sweet or savory? Somehow making a soup that reflects the flavors of sweet potato casserole would be sweet but I do know that sweet potatoes are really good with onion soup mix on them....mmmm. A french onion sweet potato soup? Savory seems like it would be the best but if a good sweet version with marshmellows melted on top like they do the cheese on a french onion soup...

Did I gross you out? I must be in the mood for sweet potatoes!!! Good luck!

try a cold soup. One with icecream blended to soup consistency

you can also try making a sweet soup. Since its a brand new recipe, you can market it well.. saying its a "new concept in culinary excellence"

Some kind a of chocolate soup for a dessert? OR a coconut/banana/sweetened condensed milk thing, heated with whipped cream on top. Good Luck

Well i cant stand spinach much but my dad occasionally makes this soup with:

Spinach

Chunks of Pumpkin

Onion

Pepper

Seasonings

Salt Beef of Pigtail

Pasta noodles

Carrots

Potatoes

And it is soooo Delicious!

Maybe you could try that!

How about turning a classic entree into a soup? Like, say, fish & chip soup. Or maybe a BLT (or even better, BLTA) soup?

Cream of Chicken Soup for the Heart and Soul:

1 hour 15 min prep

10 servings

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules

1 cup grated raw potatoes

1 garlic clove, minced

1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped

1 cup celery, finely chopped

2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced

1 cup carrots, finely chopped

2 tablespoons chopped parsley

1/2 teaspoon ground thyme

1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves

1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

1 cup sliced mushrooms

2 cups nonfat milk

2 tablespoons cornstarch

3 tablespoons cold water

1. In a large pot with water to cover, poach chicken breasts until done; 10-15 minutes. Cool and cut into bite sized pieces.

2. Reserve broth and add water to equal 1 1/2 quarts. (6 cups) Add chicken bouillon granules and simmer until dissolved.

3. In a smaller pan, mix 2 cups of the stock with grated potato. Simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently, until potato is tender and stock in thickened. Pour into a blender and puree until smooth.

4. Add potato puree back to reserved chicken stock.

5. Stir into the now thickened stock, the garlic, onion, celery, zucchini, carrots, parsley, thyme, basil, pepper and mushrooms. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.

6. Stir in milk. Do not let mixture boil.

7. Stir cornstarch into cold water. Add to stock and stir quickly.

8. Add back chicken pieces and cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly and thickened; about 5 minutes. Enjoy!

9. Serving size = 1 cup.

i love making new recipes! (fyi, im not some person who knows nothing about cullinary skills giving you advice!)

i've never tried this, but an idea could be a chicken soup with pureed bananas, walnuts, egg noodles, rosemary, & lemon peper.

another idea might be a soup based on chicken mole, with a bittersweet chocolate/garlic/chili powder/cumin/cinnamon/tomatoe/chicken broth stock with chicken, chipotle & bell peppers, diced tomatoes, & peanuts garnished with toasted pumpkin seeds.

hope that helped!

• mama

Well my family loves bacon and tomatos, so I make a tomato soup with freshly cooked bacon with cheese spread on the top, it is really good.

Good luck I hope you get some great ideas.