Why does American Idol try to make the voters feel guilty if the vote didn't go the way the judge's decided?

I was watching American Idol last night and they started doing something I remember them doing last year. That is, making the voting audience feel guilty if they felt the wrong person was sent home based upon the judge's comments. First of all, I thought you could vote for anyone you wanted on the show.... show more I was watching American Idol last night and they started doing something I remember them doing last year. That is, making the voting audience feel guilty if they felt the wrong person was sent home based upon the judge's comments. First of all, I thought you could vote for anyone you wanted on the show. They're constantly all 'what's up with America?' if they feel as if the wrong person went home. The point of the show is for people to pick who they want to choose for. People have their own taste in music. Sure, sometimes the American audience doesn't pick based on who was the obvious best singer, but based on other thing. Idol's judges should be the last people complaining about that however. They rarely make comments about the singing talent of anyone. It's always about the way their dressed, their music selection, their on stage presence, etc. They need to stop saying they feel the American audience made the wrong decision just because the voters didn't agree with their decision.
Update: I'm starting to hope that America will just pick someone different from who the judge's pick and really pi ss off the judge's. I think the judge's think their taste in music is what is correct and they really need to get off their high horse, along with that announcer guy too.